Pennsylvania New Home Build Thread. An attempt.

/ Pennsylvania New Home Build Thread. An attempt. #141  
Have you treated it with ice melt and if so how did it react?

We have used calcium chloride at times just to get it down to the bare deck but it was only to get to the grill because we exited out a garage and rarely used the deck in the winter. We saw no problem using it on the composite materials.

/ Pennsylvania New Home Build Thread. An attempt. #142  
We have used calcium chloride at times just to get it down to the bare deck but it was only to get to the grill because we exited out a garage and rarely used the deck in the winter. We saw no problem using it on the composite materials.

Good stuff Pix.

/ Pennsylvania New Home Build Thread. An attempt.
I've framed out our guest bed/bath in the basement. Electric is 95% roughed in as is plumbing (just waiting on my wife's decision on shower hardware so I can rough in the mixing valve and shower head). Then I'm ready for drywall.

ymenZUf.jpg

A9qX5SL.jpg

ZTxY7KT.jpg

We also started dropping trees to begin work on adding the circle to our driveway at the house.

teCxVWj.jpg

/ Pennsylvania New Home Build Thread. An attempt. #144  
How are you keeping the dust out. Everything looks so clean?

/ Pennsylvania New Home Build Thread. An attempt. #145  
I've never lived in a house with a basement and the few times that I have actually been in basement, I was just a kid, so my memory of them isn't very good. How do you finish off the ceiling in there with all your plumbing lines hanging below the ceiling?

How are you keeping the dust out. Everything looks so clean?

My cut station is just outside the sliding door from the basement:)

I sweep and vacuum a lot since my kids play down there all of the time. I don't want them stepping on a cable staple or other sharp objects.

I've never lived in a house with a basement and the few times that I have actually been in basement, I was just a kid, so my memory of them isn't very good. How do you finish off the ceiling in there with all your plumbing lines hanging below the ceiling?

Luckily this is the only area of the basement where we have a lot of plumbing hanging down. You can use a drop ceiling, but I personally don't care for their looks, so I'm going to frame out my own drop ceiling with ~2' x 4' drywall sections that are removable.

Kind of like this:

Basement-ceiling-coffered-lifted-panel-1024x634.jpg

/ Pennsylvania New Home Build Thread. An attempt. #148  
That's going to look really nice. I never thought of a drop ceiling.

/ Pennsylvania New Home Build Thread. An attempt. #149  
you've been busy! That drop ceiling will look nice.

Other than some wiring, framing in an office for my wife, and two sheets of drywall hung, the basement project has been put on hold until lumber prices stabilize. Attention is being moved to the outside. I spent some time this winter downing some trees on the property to allow more morning sun in as well as open up a spot for a future garden. I dropped the trees in the winter, limbed them, and let them sit for the deer to browse and I'm glad I did as our winter was bad here. Now that the snow is gone, I spent a day and skidded everything and pushed the tops into a pile to be burned.

PXL_20210126_221622402.jpg

PXL_20210206_220811775.jpg

PXL_20210405_145655890.jpg

PXL_20210405_145701677.jpg