TX 2160F, with front loader and backhoe, long term project

/ TX 2160F, with front loader and backhoe, long term project #121  
Looks awesome!! I can only imagine the time you spent with the spray-gun... :)

M.

/ TX 2160F, with front loader and backhoe, long term project #122  
Time to clean out the hydraulic spool valves for the backhoe, the leavers were a bit on the sticky side so I pulled of each end cover to investigate,

DSC02847 by chrismac2012, on Flickr

Have you managed to find a source of replacement gaiters on the arms?

Any idea what the make and model number of the valve chest is please?

I've tried various hydraulic suppliers, but they all want to know the make etc.

Is the Beaver company still operating?

Thanks

Steve

/ TX 2160F, with front loader and backhoe, long term project
Hi Steve, I did have a study of the valve chest, but there does not seem to be much or any information on it, I will take another look on the spare set, Polymark Beaver were bought over years ago so unfortunatly no way of contacting them, I have even done a google search and looked over many types of leavers and saw nothing like the ones fitted to our backhoes.
I did buy a couple of ball joint covers, not perfect, I was going to get a smaller size that previously bought as my sizing was slightly out, I can let you know how I get on, I might go down the bike tube like one guy said in your post if nothing comes up soon as a stop gap for just now,

Thanks as always Marcel, hope you are keeping well.

Chris

/ TX 2160F, with front loader and backhoe, long term project #124  
Hi Steve, I did have a study of the valve chest, but there does not seem to be much or any information on it, I will take another look on the spare set, Polymark Beaver were bought over years ago so unfortunatly no way of contacting them, I have even done a google search and looked over many types of leavers and saw nothing like the ones fitted to our backhoes.
I did buy a couple of ball joint covers, not perfect, I was going to get a smaller size that previously bought as my sizing was slightly out, I can let you know how I get on, I might go down the bike tube like one guy said in your post if nothing comes up soon as a stop gap for just now,

Thanks as always Marcel, hope you are keeping well.

Chris

Hi Chris,

I eventually found the accounts for Polymark/Beaver, as you say they went bump. I have found a guy on Facebook who was an engineer who used to work for them. I've ask for a FB friendship, so hopefully I can seek his knowledge on them.

Thanks

Steve

/ TX 2160F, with front loader and backhoe, long term project #125  
Looking great all that, Chris.

I have managed to get mine back to near home recently so hope to be getting loader hooked up to it very soon!

Looking great all that, Chris.

I have managed to get mine back to near home recently so hope to be getting loader hooked up to it very soon!

ah thats good news, certainly better having it closer to home, looking forward to seeing how it comes together, good luck.

Chris

Not much happening lately but getting some finishing touches, the trim is now on around the backhoe hydraulic block.

Untitled by chrismac2012, on Flickr

With everything tucked up for the winter I dont have the luxury of a big shed where I can spread out my projects, roll on the spring so I can get better organised.

Chris

Some work has been going on over these last few months on the tractor, I got the old brass plates and gave them a clean up fixing them on with the correct hammer in rivets that they were fitted with originally, I think it finishes it of quite nicely,

DSC02882 by chrismac2012, on Flickr

DSC02883 by chrismac2012, on Flickr

I am most disappointed I have set the plate for the loader somewhere safe and now cant find it, I have turned the shed upside down to find it with no luck,

I have replaced the rear reflectors that were fitted with led lights, this took some head scratching as the dip and main beams are in separate circuits, a couple of relays under the dash, some more wires run in taking the earth wires back to a main earth rather than the body earths used commonly,

DSC02881 by chrismac2012, on Flickr

When I had the dash out I thought I might as well get the indicators working, then there was also the broken parking switch which could be put to good use,

Starting with the indicators, the old switch came separate to allow the connections to be cleaned up, the flasher unit was defective, the first replacement one I bought did not work, after many hours of trying to work out why, it was because the bulbs were not drawing enough watts for it to heat the bi-metal strip up to allow it to make and break giving the flash, opted for a relay type and it works a treat,

I thought it might be handy to have some rear work lights, some pondering over where to mount these best, opted for making some high mounts tying in with the indicator brackets, replacing the old broken parking switch with a new one for these lamps,

DSC02885 by chrismac2012, on Flickr

DSC02884 by chrismac2012, on Flickr

DSC02880 by chrismac2012, on Flickr

I was lucky enough to get a 9" bucket from a friend which was from a JCB mini digger, needed to change the brackets making up new ones, this was a size of bucket which I was looking out for as it is such a good size,

DSC02876 by chrismac2012, on Flickr

DSC02877 by chrismac2012, on Flickr

DSC02878 by chrismac2012, on Flickr

Chris

So today I made a start on a job I was afraid to tackle before I had done all the work to the tractor, I was not sure if spares were available or what like a task it would be, changing the axle oil seals, it turned out to be no a bad job to strip the axle down, couple of hours and one side was off, (I was probably as long cleaning the oil up, I made a mess on the shed floor) Monday now will see the order placed with my local dealer only 90 miles away, he was supposed to phone back today be he never did,

Thankfully I did not have to remove the front loader flatbars, there was enough flex to get the axle off with them in place,

The bearings are all good so no need to replace anything else.

Chris

Last edited:
So as with most things iseki there are 2 types of oil seal!! thankfully after some discussions I have worked out which ones are fitted to mine,

Part number of the 2 sets of seals

Physical sizes of the seals,

This shoulder is actually part of the seal and needed to come off,

like so

Old seal now complete, NOK visible

With the replacement part number and seal also with NOK just visible

Lets just hope the ones I require are the less expensive of the 2, £100 approx difference each item.

Chris