What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,891  
First time using the Oregon Farm and Ranch 60 inch tiller. This is the second pass with the back lid down. Very muddy, but the GC1723 handled the 60 inch tiller with no issues.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,892  
First time using the Oregon Farm and Ranch 60 inch tiller. This is the second pass with the back lid down. Very muddy, but the GC1723 handled the 60 inch tiller with no issues.
Good job, but by the bounces I'd say you have plenty of stones to rake out.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,894  
It actually does a good job at cultivating, I used to use it between the rows to keep the weeds down. Don't try to grip the handles tight, just let it pull against your fingers. I liken it to running a buffer, if you try to over-control it and force it where you want it to go, it will just rip itself out of your hands.
Thx for the tips, Hube. Same here, would be cool to have a tiller for the Massey for leveling some wacked yard I would have used it for, but I can't justify a purchase just for that. With this thing, I could do it in spots, and then level off with the rachet rake and dethatcher.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,895  
first garden (mine) tilling of the year :)

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,896  
Made a 400+ mile round trip to CA to pick up a used Rhino rear 3 point hitch blade. It has a 71“ blade which on paper is probably too wide for my GC1720 but it works perfectly and is a big improvement over my box scraper for grading drainage slope at the edges of a road. All of the implements I have are for the next larger size tractor but the little GC1720 handles them well.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,897  
And, after nine years of heavy winter use, the UHMWPE liner I put into my snow blower finally had to come out -- too many rocks picked up over the years, I guess, but it developed a rip which only got larger each year.

So I but the bullet and removed the old liner and have ordered a new piece of the plastic material which should arrive soon. My choices were:
1) A whole new 2360 blower (I'm guessing $4000 +/-)
2) A new blower housing...about $1000
3) Pay a good welder to construct a new cylindrical steel enclosure for the fan (and ensure that everything lines up!)-- don't know, but I'd guess $500 or more
4) Get another piece of that polyethylene, rip out the old and replace... maybe $100 or so plus my time.

Hope it works, but I'm going for option #4.

DSC00822.JPG

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY
#1,898  
That sucks irvingj, hope this second time installation will be easier for you.

I only added the UHMW to both sides of the 3 impellers by thru bolting with small stainless steel bolts.

That was hard enough for me too do, kudos to you on your installation.

KC

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,899  
Made a 400+ mile round trip to CA to pick up a used Rhino rear 3 point hitch blade. It has a 71“ blade which on paper is probably too wide for my GC1720 but it works perfectly and is a big improvement over my box scraper for grading drainage slope at the edges of a road. All of the implements I have are for the next larger size tractor but the little GC1720 handles them well.
In case you didn't know the rules..... Pictures or it didn't happen! 😉