What is the best way to clean off logging road without taking the road with it?

/ What is the best way to clean off logging road without taking the road with it? #11  
I'm guessing a rotating broom would be the cats meow.

/ What is the best way to clean off logging road without taking the road with it? #12  
I think a rented grapple, broom, or rake for your skid steer would be fine.

/ What is the best way to clean off logging road without taking the road with it?
Thank you all for your input which led me to a grapple rake. BESt of both worlds!

/ What is the best way to clean off logging road without taking the road with it? #14  
You could also buy an SSQA 3 pt. adapter to use on the loader. Then mount a landscape rake on that. I used this set-up to clean up logging slash on mine and my neighbor's woods trails (appx. 60 acres total), Worked like a charm!

/ What is the best way to clean off logging road without taking the road with it?
The fingers must be stronger than they appear to be... what’s the biggest diameter limb you moved with it?

/ What is the best way to clean off logging road without taking the road with it? #16  
You could also buy an SSQA 3 pt. adapter to use on the loader. Then mount a landscape rake on that. I used this set-up to clean up logging slash on mine and my neighbor's woods trails (appx. 60 acres total), Worked like a charm!

Exactly what I have. Not perfect but does a good job and I can see what is happening. In fact, this year I will try raking leaves with it as I have almost 2 acres of lawn in the middle of a forest plus two dozen large tress in the lawn area.

First I would use a grapple to pick up the larger stuff. I have the MTL and it was only $1000. I bought it to handle firewood logs so I already have it.

/ What is the best way to clean off logging road without taking the road with it? #17  

/ What is the best way to clean off logging road without taking the road with it? #19  
Depending on your budget and what you have, my first attempt would be to just push what I can off of the road with the front bucket on the tractor. That's what I would have done before I bought my grapple. Now that I have a grapple, I would use that to pick up all the debris and carry them to my burn pile. I had a rake and I found it to be almost useless. I found that it quickly filled up with branches and then they all fell out of the sides, so I had to make all sorts of small piles that had to be picked up by hand, or with the bucket, or later on in life, with my grapple. It was just a wasted step that didn't accomplish anything when compared to how useful the grapple is at cleaning up debris.

/ What is the best way to clean off logging road without taking the road with it? #20  
I made this to push slash with. but it is too heavy for my b7100

Attachments

• 2013-09-21 16.04.35.jpg
    2013-09-21 16.04.35.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 217