Your towing rigs and trailers

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #4,071  
The John Deere manual says to transport it that way.

It’s not a good habit to get into. It’s fine with that backhoe but bigger equipment will hit bridges..

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #4,072  
It’s not a good habit to get into. It’s fine with that backhoe but bigger equipment will hit bridges..
I hauled heavy equipment for many years. I know how to measure height.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #4,073  
IMG_4283.JPG

Hauled my buddy’s M7060 and disc mower to my farm to help with hay. Truck and trailer pulled great.

Also, we had not secured the tractor yet when I took this photo. We did chain everything down.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #4,075  
   / Your towing rigs and trailers #4,076  
It's sad that on these forums a person has to add a statement like that to keep the safety police from jumping in to chastise you. :-(
It is sad that there are people who would trailer a tractor without securing it. "The brakes will hold it." type of thinking. I would rather have the safety police on duty as opposed to an accident. Often people new to tractoring or hauling just do not know enough to save themselves.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #4,077  
It is sad that there are people who would trailer a tractor without securing it. "The brakes will hold it." type of thinking. I would rather have the safety police on duty as opposed to an accident. Often people new to tractoring or hauling just do not know enough to save themselves.
People spouting off online aren't going to change their minds though.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #4,078  
And you think a few guys berating somebody in a forum is going to change irresponsible behavior? Nope. It just makes you feel good and the rest of us have to scroll more. So, carry on I guess...

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #4,079  
If someone posts a pic of a tractor or other machine with say, one basic ratchet strap across the deck or floor mat of the machine, I think its fair (and maybe even our responsibility) to question that poster about their unsafe securing practices.

But when I see a picture with no straps or chains at all, well obviously that isn't how the machine went down the road. If someone is competent enough to engage and share here on the forum, they generally know better.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #4,080  
And you think a few guys berating somebody in a forum is going to change irresponsible behavior? Nope. It just makes you feel good and the rest of us have to scroll more. So, carry on I guess...
Gee I wonder why there are mandatory safety meetings in almost every company in America, many daily? Saying something where there is a problem might not be popular but it MIGHT help to keep an accident from happening.

You ever pick up a dead body from an accident that could have been easily avoided? I have and if pointing out a grievous error can save a life or injury I will say some thing.

I watched 2 men from a dirt company chain down an excavator, facing forward, on a trailer. Two chains from the rear of the machine to the trailer. They put two more chains from the corners of the blade to the anchor point along the side of the trailer BEHIND the blade. They had 4 chains pulling to the rear and nothing pointing to the front of the trailer. The ex was not chained down but it had 4 chains hanging from it. As they climbed into the truck to leave I spoke to one of the men. He got out of the truck and looked at the error and called for the other man. They rechained the machine correctly, 2 chains forward and 2 chains to the rear plus the one across the bucket. He then turned and said, "That is the way we have always done it. Never really thought about it."

Real life example of why safety errors need to be pointed out.