Your towing rigs and trailers

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #4,061  
   / Your towing rigs and trailers #4,062  
I appreciate the advice, but the car hauler only has 4 deck rings, one at each corner. I wouldn't want to try & DIY additional ones for fear of screwing it up.
Understand. Seems like trailer manufacturers don't see the whole picture. Keep in mind, you do not have to use just the D rings to tie to. Looking at your picture, at the rear of the right hand fender, it looks like you might be able to wrap the chain around the frame upright. Not sure but a thought. BTW, is your trailer aluminum?

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #4,063  
Understand. Seems like trailer manufacturers don't see the whole picture. Keep in mind, you do not have to use just the D rings to tie to. Looking at your picture, at the rear of the right hand fender, it looks like you might be able to wrap the chain around the frame upright. Not sure but a thought. BTW, is your trailer aluminum?
Yep, made by Aluma. Not sure about the strength of the rails & uprights, it isn't adressed in any of the trailer literature. FWIW, I'd use an axle strap if I was tying down there.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #4,064  
I like the colors! The truck and vette match (or close anyway)!
The car is Jetstream Blue. It's kinda a rare color. It's a tint coat color so it changes in different lighting.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #4,065  
Hauled my Mahindra home from the farm to get the brakes repaired again. Right side is locking up and not wanting to let go. My local dealer (who really is customer oriented) replaced brakes over the winter and they worked great until a couple weeks ago.

90 miles one way. I usually get 19 mpg with just the truck. It dropped to 12.7 mpg with the empty trailer going down. Surprisingly it was 11.7 mpg coming back loaded. Trailer weighs 2K, tractor with front and rear weights weighs over 5K. Easy trip. Trailer is a 10K Gatormade. Truck is a Nissan Titan.

IMG_3794_jpg-2359661.JPG

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #4,066  
Maybe having a truck and toy the same color is a theme with me. I also have a black truck and toy. Although the black toy is undergoing a little restoration right now. So no photos of it on the trailer behind the black truck.
2012-10-07%2012.58.12.jpg
2012-10-07%2012.57.39.jpg
20201022_173030.jpg
20201022_172610.jpg

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #4,067  
When hauling your tractor/backhoe, after tying it down and shutting off, lower the backhoe to the deck. You will find that it will not bounce.
On my Kubota B26TLB, the backhoe is pinned for transport, so I do not lower it to the deck. I also do not chain backhoe. Tractor is chained. Not sure about duramaxsky's JD. Jon

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #4,068  
On my Kubota B26TLB, the backhoe is pinned for transport, so I do not lower it to the deck. I also do not chain backhoe. Tractor is chained. Not sure about duramaxsky's JD. Jon
The "pinned for transport" position is for when you may be driving the unit around and don't want the hoe dropping, which they will do, even when new. It is not referenced for when transporting on a trailer.
Having worked for a Kubota dealer and been a delivery driver, we never hauled ANY backhoe in the air unless absolutely necessary. No matter whether a Case, Ford, or Kubota.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #4,069  
Same thing. It's got 2 pins that keep it in place.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #4,070  
The "pinned for transport" position is for when you may be driving the unit around and don't want the hoe dropping, which they will do, even when new. It is not referenced for when transporting on a trailer.
Having worked for a Kubota dealer and been a delivery driver, we never hauled ANY backhoe in the air unless absolutely necessary. No matter whether a Case, Ford, or Kubota.
The John Deere manual says to transport it that way.