Massey Ferguson GC2310 4.50 star(s) (14)

Information, reviews, photos, discussion topics, owner pages, and specifications about the Massey Ferguson GC2310.
Subcompact Tractors

About the Massey Ferguson GC2310

Massey Ferguson GC2310 Discussions (0)

Here are the most recent GC2310 topics from our community.
No discussions tagged.
[ad placeholder]

User Reviews (14)

Read what TractorByNet members think about the Massey Ferguson GC2310 Subcompact Tractor
50 %
50 %
0 %
0 %
0 %
5.00 star(s)
kentj1a

GC2310 Massey Ferguson
Massey GC2310
Model Year: 2006

I am amazed how much can be done with this tractor. I've done much excavating with the backhoe and removed a lot of snow using the front loader. I do not have a mid mount mower so I cannot rate the tractor's performance for mowing. I gave reliability four stars because I've had a couple of hydraulic hoses leak and had to replace them.

Pros: diesel engine starts easily and is economical to operate
Cons: wish the unit had more power - ripping out scrub oaks takes patience and time.

5.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

GC2310 Massey Ferguson
steering control pump and mount

The steering pump is leaking (rebuild kit of grommets cost $95 Can.)and the mount for the pump should be a little more rugged, as I like everyone else use the steering wheel as leverage to get on the tractor, causing it to bend and come loose. The return line to the oil reservoir is to low making it a target for rocks or stumps.I have replaced the hose several times. Yet this little tractor is the answer to my landscaping needs right now and it is surprising what one can do with it. I'm still happy with it.

Pros: Great landscaping tool, for building rock walls , ditching and moving planting material
Cons: Steering pump and mount to light, Return line not protected.

4.00 star(s)
Mike_in_Okla

GC2310 Massey Ferguson
The Adventure Continues

Howdy Folks! Just a few lines to catch you up on my MF GC-2310TLB. Actually, I got carried away, this post is HUGE! Anyone considering the purchase of this tractor will be glad to hear that I am still extremely pleased with this tough little machine! In Northeast Oklahoma, we get all kinds of weather -- especially heat and DUST DUST DUST! It has been more than three seasons now since I bought this amazing little tractor and I am more amazed each time I climb aboard! After more than 250 hours of hard use, everything still works and the tractor still looks very sharp. I have had very few problems and I have acquired a large stable of attachments and implements. Problems to date: Busted fitting on hydraulic hose in the backhoe Slow leak in the left rear tire Numerous seeping hydraulic cylinders!!!! High rate of blade wear (60" Deck) Sticky, binding movement of four-way control valve Torn dust boot on left front steering rod Poor dealer support (Read non-existant!) Typical jobs: Mowing (Heavy and either dusty or wet) -- 60" MMM Driveway maintenance (Gravel -- box blade and rake) Ditch maintenance (Call Before You Dig!!! -- You had better listen to me!) -- Backhoe Moving a myriad of heavy items around my property -- FEL Massive amounts of tree limb cleanup -- Flatbed Trailer and FEL Clearing overgrowth (a lot! -- landscape rake) Digging out stumps -- Backhoe And today... raising my wife up in the FEL bucket so she could pick mulberries. (Yes, I know that's a no-no, but mulberries make great ice cream!) As you can see, this awesome little machine has become my constant companion when I work outside. It is always ready to work its heart out and asks for nothing more than a little regular maintenance. I stop just short of giving it a name -- I am not a name kind of guy, and besides, I don't know if tractors are male or female... Hmmmm... It sure is purty... Speaking of maintenance, I have done just what the manual said. No more, no less. It is a very happy little machine. Concerning the above problems, the dealer from whom I bought the machine grudgingly warrantied the broken hose (but couldn't find the time to install it unless I left it there for a week -- took me 15 minutes including fishing it down the backhoe boom. Nobody seemed to want to address the cylinder seepage problem and now it is out of warranty. I read that some folks found loose glands on the cylinders and tightening solved the problem -- I am gonna give that a try and see if it's a fix. I cannot believe that MF would market crappy cylinders. I will let y'all know if it works. Now Boys and Girls, let's talk about those mower blades! I have been going through about four sets per year! I am not kidding! My property is sandy/dusty and simply eats mower blades. The first year, my dealer sold me blades for $60 per set. Not too bad. Last year, with no explanation or apology, the price jumped to $140 per set!!!! Unacceptable!!! I have searched far and wide and have thus far found no aftermarket substitute! You will find nothing on my tractor that doesn't say Massey Ferguson -- even down to the oil inside, but I am looking to jump ship on the blades! This year, because of the high cost of blades, and the fact that none of the THREE dealers I have access to kept them in stock, I decided to reweld and regrind the blades. I had heard of a process called hard-facing and I looked into it. I called my local Air-Gas Supply looking for some hard-face rod to use with my TIG machine and they handed me to their guy who specializes in REPAIRS. He proceeded to give me a very detailed education about hard-facing mower blades! (Massey Ferguson should make their dealers meet this guy to learn about customer service!) This fine fellow had me bring him a set of blades and he used his process to hard-face the entire set at no cost to me while teaching and coaching me!!!! He said that the fact that I am an airgas customer was good enough! WOW!!! (did I say WOW???) Anyways, I won't go into the process (it is pretty simple but does require one $500 piece of specialty gear and about $200 in supplies -- which will last you for years). What I WILL say is that this man made my life much, much better! No more multiple sets of blades each year! In fact, the more you mow, the sharper they get! No kidding! Bring on the dust! I asked him how long the hard-face would last and he replied: "You might have to touch them up once a year with a grinder." When I asked him why OEM's didn't offer hard-faced blades, he said: "Think about it... they're in business to sell their products!". Makes sense to me! I am gone from home a lot and often get behind on mowing. In the past, that has been a real problem, but, since hard-facing the blades it is no problem whatsoever. High grass that used to come out of the mower deck in clumps now comes out in fine, small clippings and the deep whine of the blades during cutting has been replaced by an angry little hiss as those blades chew the grass into tiny mulch. I mowed yesterday after three weeks growth. The grass was between 10 and 12 inches tall and wet with dew. I was able to mow at a speed that I would on a normal length lawn. My two acre lawn again looks absolutely beautiful. With factory blades, there would be thick windrows and grass balls everywhere after mowing such high, wet grass! Instead, with the VERY SHARP hard-faced blades, it is completely mulched and there are absolutely no grass balls and only a thin suggestion of windrowing. Most amazing is that this is the fourth hard mow on this set of blades and if you run your finger over the cutting edge, you will draw blood! This really works! If you weld -- buy from AirGas -- these folks are great people! Now for the list. As I begin my fourth year of MF ownership, I look over the stable of attachments in my tractor shed with a little embarrassment. I have kinda gone crazy with tractor toys! Here we go: Tractor (Duh!) FEL (Came with it!) Backhoe (In know you already know about that, but I like a LONG list!) 60" MMM (Happy with it again since hard-face!) Ag and Turf tires (Wanna buy the turf tires?) 5' MF Box Blade 5' Land Pride (I think) Landscape Rake 24" Draw Bar (With trailer ball and mods) Quick Hitch (Cat 1) 4' Rotary Cutter (Topro -- bought today to clear brush) Now, for those of you whom are contemplating the purchase of a sub-compact Massey, I can say that this tractor has become my pride and joy (originally because it looked and sounded cool, and now because I have learned what it will really do and how to use it effectively). It is very well engineered (with a few small exceptions) and performs like a much, much larger tractor! It has, so far, been a very good purchase! I am a careful owner and operator and respect my machinery (do NOT construe this statement to mean SLOW!). The little tractor is quick and versatile. It does a LOT of work in a short time! There are specialty machines that will do their intended job much quicker (a ZTR mower will run circles around it), but none of those machines can do the variety of work that this one can! The little diesel engine sounds totally awesome and with the FEL and backhoe attached, it lumbers across the bumps like its much bigger cousins! The difflock and the 4WD are must-have items. This machine is heavy with all toys attached and it CAN be buried in mud or very soft soil. I have buried mine a couple times, but each time, the 4WD and diff lock just eased it right out (except for once when I had it so buried that I had to walk it out with the FEL and the Backhoe). You should never have to call for a tow unless you are under water! You will love this machine! Remember, this is a very small, full-featured backhoe. Everything is shrunk down and crammed into a tight little unit. That usually spells impending disaster, but the Massey engineers did a pretty good job. As to engineering-type shortcomings, there are only a few: The folding ROPS does not provide enough clearance for tall category 1 implements. The top link hits the ROPS -- bad design! The folding ROPS gets rattelly after a couple hundred hours. Should be rubber-insulated and better designed. In fact, the ROPS is generally a pain in the behind -- except for when you need it -- when it becomes a priceless item! There really needs to be a soft-start on the PTO. The rotary cutter I just bought really slams it when I engage the PTO! I wonder if there is a fix for that -- anybody know? It is scaring the heck out of me! I would love to have 5 more horsepower and a valve and hydraulics at the rear PTO and an additional valve and circuit at the FEL bucket. The hydraulics generate an alarming amount of heat. I wonder if the 1/4" system is adequate. Perhaps it should be 3/8"??? Maybe that would reduce fluid friction and heat generation. The $50 amber lights mounted outside the ROPS are in a rediculous place! How stupid! I am gonna put mine inside the ROPS. Additionally, if you really want get MF's goat, when you break those lights (and you will) go down the counter and buy the replacements from the Kubota dealer for $16. Need a light to tell us when the glowplugs are working/hot. Finally, this tractor should come with a nice power washer and a buffer because it is so pretty that you hate to put it away dirty! Well, I am getting older and I have forgotten why I started this post... sigh... I guess I will stop for now and check back to hear what you all think! I hear that the new models are improved but my wife won't let me go anywhere a new tractor dealer unless she is there to keep me from looking anywhere but the parts counter! Did I say "Toy Timeout?" You guys go ahead and buy your new tractors and go ahead and brag -- GOOD FOR YOU!!! I am still happy with my broke-in version, and.... mine's paid for!!! Regards to all! mike...

Pros: Tough, Reliable, Versatile
Cons: Poor Dealer Support! Expensive consumables, Poor (but improving) factory online resources

Photo Uploads:

4.00 star(s)
mrman

GC2310 Massey Ferguson
Massey Ferguson GC2310TLB Value: Would Prefer More Rigid Frame and Power
Model Year: 2007

After getting a $16K quote from a contractor who rubbed me the wrong way, I was easily convinced to buy the machine and do the foundation repair job myself. 9 weeks of evenings and weekends later on my off work hours, the job was done and I had paid for the tractor (with $200). had 176 hours when I got it. Last spring I did a few side jobs for friends and made some money to offset depreciation and maintenance.

Pros: Pros: Great for working in tight areas. I love it. Runs 8 hours on about $22 in diesel. Beautiful machine for the right uses. Don't fool yourself into thinking you can pull up big stumps without spending a lot of time digging around the roots with the hoe.
Cons: 1) wheels are too small (limited ground clearance). on 3 occasions on soft ground all 4 wheels sunk 1/2 way to the axles. in low range, throttle to the max, it would not climb out of the holes due to having such small tires. I needed the FEL and hoe to get me out. 2) with FEL full of gravel and the hoe attachment on, there is WAY too much frame flex. tractor hasn't broken yet but it always makes me feel sick when the front right and rear left wheels come off the ground with a load and the frame flexes a LOT. 3) steering wheel shaft goes right into the steering orbital motor and is very prone to leaking. This is an extremely poor design as anyone who grew up with real tractors uses the steering wheel as a handle to get up on the machine. I think the 1528 is a better machine for my purposes but the 2310 is still a great unit. I had an opportunity to sell it for more than I paid for it 3 times and said no :)

4.00 star(s)
dans12345

GC2310 Massey Ferguson
Red Over Green
Model Year: 2005

For value and price, Massey is my choice.

Pros: Well built, strong hydraulics-when working.
Cons: Unpredictable hydraulic problems.

4.00 star(s)
WindyJoe

GC2310 Massey Ferguson
She Does a Lot

I originally bought this tractor to maintain a 300 ft. driveway on a 3-acre property. Two years later, I am managing a woodlot on a 144-acre property. I would've bought a bigger tractor for the current property, but she had done most of what I have asked her to do. She accepted a 5-ft brush cutter and a timber winch. Loading the tires made a huge difference in her performance. My biggest problem was that driving her through a 12-acre field while mowing allowed grass to wind up so tightly around her drive shaft that it got inside the transmission (ruining the seal) and plugging the filter, resulting in a 2-month search for a seal and a $2000 repair bill. Service in my area my been horrible. It took my dealer 2-months to find a $12 replacement seal for the tractor. Design-wise, the location of the oil filter on the bottom of the tractor makes it easy to access, but exposes it to potential damage, especially given the relatively low ground clearance. I drive it in the woods reluctantly, for fear of hitting a stump and trading the oil filter off.

Pros: Does a lot for a little tractor.
Cons: Lack of clearance; Not built to work in deep grass.

5.00 star(s)
iambs

GC2310 Massey Ferguson
GC2310 TLB Review
Model Year: 2008

Excellent machine. I did a tremendous amount of research here on Tractorbynet as well as looking at several makes and models in the new and used market via dealers and individuals. The information I found here is literally priceless. I was both prepared and educated in my decision. I mainly considered 3 brands in the class I was looking at. John Deere, Kubota and Massey Ferguson. After educating myself as well as spending seat time in all 3, I chose the Massey based upon an very good product at an affordable price as well as the quicker response time on the hydraulics and integrated backhoe. I chose used vs new only because I found the tractor I purchased at an ridiculously low price due to the passing of the owner. Otherwise, I likely would've purchased new.

Pros: Very well built. Backhoe is VERY strong and completely integrated as part of the tractor. BH is easily removed after the first 2-3 times of getting the hang of it. Lower RPMs for PTO and Hydraulics are fantastic. Hydraulics are surprisingly fast as compared to other brands.
Cons: Most of my cons have already been changed with the newer model years so remember I am referring to a 2008. The seat is the weakest part of the unit...really just aggravating when turning it around for the B.H. The rocker pedal for the hydro-stat forward and backwards is a little cumbersome (has been changed on the 2013). The front-end tie-rod boots/dust covers seem poorly designed. I live on a steep lot and the tractor get light on the front-end with the BH attached. I am going to add a couple weights to the front bumper.

Photo Uploads:

4.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

GC2310 Massey Ferguson
GC2310TLB
Model Year: 2007

Bought the tractor used with 350 hrs on it. I mainly use it around the cottage for yard work and landscaping. It's been very reliable to date. The hydaulics could be stronger, but generally I'm very happy with the machine.

Pros: Trouble free.
Cons: Tire too small.

Photo Uploads:

5.00 star(s)
blitzdog

GC2310 Massey Ferguson
MF GC2310

For what it is, it's a beast.

Pros: Very maneuverable, 4WD is very useful where I live, can lift a full bucket of 3/4 gravel & move it, very user friendly.
Cons: Your buddies always want to "borrow" it.

4.00 star(s)
mcewan

GC2310 Massey Ferguson
GC2310 Tractor

All in all a good small acre tractor.

Pros: Being able to use so many different attachments.
Cons: Mowing deck not easy to hook up to PTO.

[ad placeholder]

Massey Ferguson GC2310 Owner Pages

View owner pages to see photos, customization and comments about member-owner Massey Ferguson GC2310s

Massey Ferguson GC2310 Community Rankings

#31 user rating of 70 Subcompact Tractors items
#23 Viewed of 70 Subcompact Tractors items
#12 discussed of 70 Subcompact Tractors items
#999 user rating of 27027 items overall
#739 Viewed of 27027 items overall
#61 discussed of 27027 items overall
#7 Ranking of Most-OwnerPages in 27027 items overall