Are ATVs/UTVs overpriced?

/ Are ATVs/UTVs overpriced? #71  
The MX 750 EPS has Horsepower (bhp/kW). 37.5 / 28. Liquid cooling. What is the V6 option?
Yeah, as tacticalturnip concluded, it's the base engine in Challengers.

At a measly 305 hp it's still quicker and faster than many of the original muscle cars, and (in my mind) a bargain compared to that JD UTV. Even though it doesn't come with a winch.
DSCN5120.JPG

/ Are ATVs/UTVs overpriced? #73  
Not many ATV's with dump beds. And not all UTV's have dump beds. People use them for many purposes, including transportation and off road. So, a Jeep is a viable option.
Most do and all the ones we used had them. They were purchased and used as work machines.

/ Are ATVs/UTVs overpriced? #75  
Ours have dump beds, but they've never been used. On the other hand, the Can-Am Defender Pro Limted's dump bed gets used daily. Its long bed is the perfect size for a day's worth of manure.

Everything else is handled with dump trailers, a 10-foot and a 16-foot, or (very rarely) a little King Kutter with a hand pump.
DSCN1641.JPG

/ Are ATVs/UTVs overpriced? #76  
I'm looking at those Kei trucks, and my knees already hurt. Sometimes I wish I was average sized; I've always wanted to drive a Miata, too.

/ Are ATVs/UTVs overpriced? #77  
I'm looking at those Kei trucks, and my knees already hurt.
More than your knees could hurt if you hit the brakes hard enough. People have made even the van versions lift the rear tires.

Also, I really don't want to hit an elk or deer with mine. Or anything much larger than a prairie dog.

/ Are ATVs/UTVs overpriced? #78  
More than your knees could hurt if you hit the brakes hard enough. People have made even the van versions lift the rear tires.

Also, I really don't want to hit an elk or deer with mine. Or anything much larger than a prairie dog.
Here they are treated just like an ATV or side x side. Only legal on county roads, nothing big.

If I got one, or really anything for that matter I doubt I would go very fast or very far in the things. Gas station to fill up the cans would likely be its longest trip.

/ Are ATVs/UTVs overpriced? #79  
I take mine to the post office quite frequently, which is technically not allowed - unless putting a triangle on it and staying under 35 mph.

About 65-70 mph is as fast as it'll go, and that's under ideal circumstances.

/ Are ATVs/UTVs overpriced? #80  
Trying to justify in one's mind the amount and quality of components, the build quality, the cost of manufacturing, what's actually THERE in a UTV... it's kinda difficult to comprehend. You look at a $30,000 UTV and a $30,000 auto, is the UTV 'worth' $30k? Again, it's above my paygrade but it doesn't seem so to me.

But, the above makes me think of bassboats. Very common to spend $40k to $60k. Heck, the motor can cost $20k or more!

I suppose anything with 'fun' or 'recreation' in it is always expensive.

Since modern cars are mass produced in huge numbers they are relatively low cost compared to almost anything else that's produced in few numbers in comparison.

Buy used, let someone else take the first few years depreciation.