Building a flatbed for my F350

/ Building a flatbed for my F350 #71  
Yeah I'm hoping so, but i expect it will be ok. It's now the exact same height as the factory mounting location was.

Yeah, the angle was what made mine dribble. I mounted it level. Should have angled it a bit. Hoping your works because it looks factory. Great work!!!!

/ Building a flatbed for my F350 #72  
That looks like a good way to go with the fuel filler. If it turns down before the end of the nozzle you should be good.

/ Building a flatbed for my F350 #73  
I put a flat bed on a buddy's truck, and routed the fuel filler towards the cab. I'll look for pictures, no fill issues reported in the last 2 years of use.

/ Building a flatbed for my F350 #74  
Very nice work!!! Professional grade!!!

I tried the horizontal gas filler method. Puked fuel out unless filling slowly. Even then dribbled every time. Finally moved to a vertical position. Hope yours works okay. :)

Totally agree with the work done on it, looks like a pro built it! That bed will look great and last a long time. Slap some paint & wood on it, and you'll be ready to bolt it on. Like I said earlier, I'm anxious to see pic's of the finished product on the truck.

/ Building a flatbed for my F350
Finished the licence plate holes and trailer connector mount holes...

All painted up!

1489883958765.jpg
1489884180894.jpg
1489884370512.jpg

Now just need to clean up and paint the truck frame, and take care of a couple maintenance items... And then I'll get her mounted

/ Building a flatbed for my F350 #76  
Looks great, can't wait to see it mounted and complete.:thumbsup:

/ Building a flatbed for my F350
Finally able to prep the frame (sanded, powerwash'ed, etc) and paint it. New shocks going on and servicing the rear axle when the paint dries...

Hopefully I'll be mounting the bed later this week.

1490575585438.jpg
1490575531192.jpg
1490576187003.jpg

/ Building a flatbed for my F350 #78  
Just stumbled on this thread... very very nice TSO! This thread is reinforcing why I need a bigger shop. Looking forward to the finished work. You are making great progress.

/ Building a flatbed for my F350 #79  
Well done. I will be starting this same project next month. Thanks for all the great step by step pics

/ Building a flatbed for my F350 #80