Camera Security Systems???

/ Camera Security Systems??? #221  
Google ..... reset Lorex output resolution ..... Some answers there, but don't know if they will help you. A 'factory' reset of sorts I think is what you need.

/ Camera Security Systems??? #222  
Google ..... reset Lorex output resolution ..... Some answers there, but don't know if they will help you. A 'factory' reset of sorts I think is what you need.

That's what I was looking for. I don't have anything on there - full factory reset would be fine. My search led me to the Lorex website. Not a single response in 10 days is not very heartening...

/ Camera Security Systems??? #223  
Here is a video from my Reo Link Go. I moved it to a different feeder and added a Micro SD card, and now it records and stores short videos every time it detects motion. In this first video, I turned on the 'talk' option to scare the hog away. When standing near the camera, the sound of my voice is not nearly as loud as it seems in the video here.

The flash you see is from another game camera nearby.

/ Camera Security Systems??? #224  
Here is another video I call "Boss Hog" There is no communicating with the pigs, but I just thought it was cool.

/ Camera Security Systems??? #225  
I’m currently looking at the Dahua system because the guy quoting our security system says he like Dahua.
Anyone have experience with a new 8 or 16 channel system?

/ Camera Security Systems??? #226  
I’m currently looking at the Dahua system because the guy quoting our security system says he like Dahua.
Anyone have experience with a new 8 or 16 channel system?
I have 8 cam dahua recorder. Exactly same unit as qsee. I have qsee, dahua, amcrest IP cameras on it.

/ Camera Security Systems??? #227  
Finally, got some time to install my DIY system. I went with Reolink 5Mp bullets. Had to string Cat5e/6 cable to replace the old Lorex proprietary cables and add a POE switch to plug the cameras into. I have cameras installed and will add 3 or 4 more. Downloaded a surveillance app called Blue IRIS and have a dedicated PC to act as my NVR.

Now I can upgrade any component (camera, hard drive, software, etc.) and not be stuck with a brand.

The learning curve is a bit steep with Blue Iris but now I am getting the hang of it. The Blue Iris program is quite powerful and very configurable for each camera. It is a CPU hog, so it is best to have an i5 chip or better and not be running other stuff on the same PC.

What I like is to be able to create 'motion zones' and trigger the recording only when those zones show motion. This allows you to 'paint' out the bushes because of wind, and other things that move in the background such as cars on the street, etc.

/ Camera Security Systems???
That last paragraph is very nice. Didn't know such a feature was available!!!

/ Camera Security Systems??? #229  
That's been a feature for decades. Also for outside cameras, you can delete or black out zones that might be deemed an invasion of privacy to someone.

/ Camera Security Systems??? #230  
Dahua is pretty much all I use, I installed about 20 systems last year, FYI The bullets cams will be spider magnets and you will be brooming them off every week in the warm weather. The Dome cams are OK but they have issues with night time IR reflection. I have been using the turrents for outside work when possible like this. Dahua IPC-HDW5231R-Z . The starlight technology is hands down the best nighttime low light cam on the market right now for its price point. Ask your installer if they have anything like this.