Pennsylvania New Home Build Thread. An attempt.

/ Pennsylvania New Home Build Thread. An attempt.
Your floor is going to look really nice. How are you attaching it? Glue the edges and float it?

We aren't gluing. Nailing all the way to the end, and the installer is sanding end joints as he lays, even though it will be site finished after it's done. We debated gluing, biscuit jointing, etc., but this installer recommended floating without gluing even though he was willing to do so. We've seen his 4-5" width non end matched work, and it looks great. No severe curls. Obviously there will be some movement, but, since we're mixing 3, 4, 5 randomly, we are hoping for a real rustic/natural look. Gaps and slight lifts are acceptable to us.

/ Pennsylvania New Home Build Thread. An attempt. #82  
Sheetrock and painting is done. What you're seeing there is getting covered with solid trim.

Ahhh, got it now!! Is looking good!!!

Flooring is 90% done. I just need to install the office and pantry. The guys who laid our hardwood did a great job. They're getting refinished starting tomorrow.

IMG_20191123_121209.jpg

I finished tiling and grouting the laundry room this weekend:

IMG_20191123_121255.jpg

Shot of the back of the house as of yesterday:

IMG_20191123_154054.jpg

/ Pennsylvania New Home Build Thread. An attempt. #85  
Great progress. Thanks for keeping us updated!!!!

/ Pennsylvania New Home Build Thread. An attempt. #86  
That is great progress. Keep up with the pics please!

:)

Floors are finished.

IMG_20191128_170655.jpg

IMG_20191128_170807.jpg

IMG_20191128_170911-01.jpeg

/ Pennsylvania New Home Build Thread. An attempt. #88  
I love the floors and even more so since they came from your own property. How cool is that?

Just a question, with you having them dried, cut, and planed, etc, were they about the same or less or more than if you bought from somewhere else? I think it's great even if it cost more, but just trying to have an idea what the impact of your decision was.

I love the floors and even more so since they came from your own property. How cool is that?

Just a question, with you having them dried, cut, and planed, etc, were they about the same or less or more than if you bought from somewhere else? I think it's great even if it cost more, but just trying to have an idea what the impact of your decision was.

It was $2/sq.ft for the processing (I can't remember how much to have it milled, but we sold some back during the process so I think it evened out pretty well. It was $2/sq.ft to finish since I paid cash, and $3/sq.ft to lay it. So all in all I didn't save much, but it's cool, and I have a lot of 8+' material (some 13') which is unheard of in commercial flooring.

/ Pennsylvania New Home Build Thread. An attempt. #90  
Wow, beautiful floors. Getting closer to being done....oh the excitement!