Shipping Container Shop

/ Shipping Container Shop #22  
Wanted to do a storage/shop with two 53 footers but was voted down and now I am doing a 30x45 pole shed instead. Really like what folks do with storage containers from storage to homes.

/ Shipping Container Shop #23  
I am planning to add a roof between these containers at our rural property. I only plan to use the covered area for storage of implements. I am thinking a slightly sloped roof.
5CF685AF-0C57-49F0-8489-ADE80B9007D6.jpeg

/ Shipping Container Shop #24  
I am planning to add a roof between these containers at our rural property. I only plan to use the covered area for storage of implements. I am thinking a slightly sloped roof.

I like your idea of a sloped roof. I don't like the idea of how close together your containers are. You will never be sorry making that center area as wide as possible.

/ Shipping Container Shop #25  
The containers are 15’ apart. All I need is a space to keep implements under cover. I have an old barn and house for storage and I am currently building a cabin on the property with a small garage. All I need from the container shed is a roof I can drive my tractor under to change and store implements.

/ Shipping Container Shop #26  
Don't work here in our zoned county. They are not allowed. Fine with me. I find them to be hideous looking in any setting but a shipyard.

/ Shipping Container Shop #27  
Don't work here in our zoned county. They are not allowed. Fine with me. I find them to be hideous looking in any setting but a shipyard.

They would not be allowed where I live but on my rural property containers are the best storage solution I have found (mice and squirrels don’t get to my stuff). They are super cheap and not body sees them but my family and I. They are even out sight of the cabin I am currently building.

/ Shipping Container Shop #28  
few folks have them around here. I thought about them for about a minute or two a while back. but you can build a larger area for way less than the cost of two of them and never have to worry about dang heavy doors.

once you start cutting holes, any advantages disappear quiclkt

/ Shipping Container Shop #29  
last time I checked we could buy one trip containers here for about $2500-3000, but i haven't checked lately.

anybody in the PNW built one of these cause we do get a bunch of rain to deal with?

/ Shipping Container Shop #30  
I bought a 40 foot container in early 80's for $275. Mine is all aluminium except the two endcaps and wood floor. Worth more in scrap than i paid, 3000 pounds roughly. Always thought about buying another and doing the roofover, but bought a place with a bigger garage, so that went to the back burner.