Utility trailers - what should i know?

/ Utility trailers - what should i know? #21  
I saw some with one axle at 5000 or 7500. Better one strong one or 2 at 3500 each?
If I needed more than a 3500lb single axle, I’d go dual axle. In 23 years with my single axle utility, I’ve only once needed more. And then I just had a friend haul a car for me.

Single axle is so much easier to move around on the property. I take mine into the woods for logs. Easier to use on narrow trails. Easier to back up. Takes less storage space. I’ve even taken the sides off and hauled wide things.

/ Utility trailers - what should i know? #22  
….. I need a smaller one that can haul purchases home like a SxS (2800 lbs +/-), at….

Won’t the seller deliver that?

/ Utility trailers - what should i know? #24  
If its a cargo or horse enclosed type trailer torsion axe system is better than leaf spring @ least from my experiences .

/ Utility trailers - what should i know? #25  
I have a small NNT 78” x 10’-6” mower trailer. Holds either my ZD331 or my F3680. It is over 10 years old and has held up surprisingly well. Have done so much with it. Paid for itself 10 times over. Has 3500lb GVWR.
Nice for delivering 2 round bales or 1 large square bale to some of my little feed hay customers. Use it all the time. Cost me nothing in repairs or maintenance, but slapped 2 tires on it 2 years ago.

/ Utility trailers - what should i know?
Any thoughts on PJ trailers? They have a 77"x 12' trailer with an optional 5200 axle...capacity ends up being just under 4000 lbs. Still light enough to be pulled by UTV with a few hundred pounds and can haul the utv and any related gear with no trouble.

/ Utility trailers - what should i know? #27  
Like this?? :LOL:
P1070086.jpg

/ Utility trailers - what should i know? #28  
If I needed more than a 3500lb single axle, I’d go dual axle. In 23 years with my single axle utility, I’ve only once needed more. And then I just had a friend haul a car for me.

Single axle is so much easier to move around on the property. I take mine into the woods for logs. Easier to use on narrow trails. Easier to back up. Takes less storage space. I’ve even taken the sides off and hauled wide things.
Really? I think a single axle trailer is much more challenging to back up than a tandem axle.

/ Utility trailers - what should i know? #29  
   / Utility trailers - what should i know? #30  
Any thoughts on PJ trailers? They have a 77"x 12' trailer with an optional 5200 axle...capacity ends up being just under 4000 lbs. Still light enough to be pulled by UTV with a few hundred pounds and can haul the utv and any related gear with no trouble.

I love my 7 x 14 PJ single 5200lb axle trailer. Only thing is it doesn’t have brakes, so while the axle can take ~4000lb of payload, it’s limited by law to 3500lbs max weight. If you need to haul 16ft fence boards you’ll need to remove the rear gate/ramp.

I’m about to upgrade to a 24ft Diamond C 14K Hydraulic Dampened Tilt (HDT) because I want the capability to haul tractors and vehicles.