Desperately need to fix driveway

/ Desperately need to fix driveway #51  
Buy a 4x4 , problem solved.

/ Desperately need to fix driveway #52  
   / Desperately need to fix driveway #53  
Shot, shot...

Chaser

So in other words, the road needs to the high point in the equation. Ditches always have a fall line down hill, but laterally, they still need to be lower than the road surface to drain water with the crown as the force of gravity.

LoL...So what exactly does stating the obvious have to do with anything?...LoL

You misunderstood what I posted....you should have just read it very slowly until you understood...!

The point was that several replies indicated that the road bed needed to be built up higher than the surrounding grades...I merely pointed out that you don't need to raise the road just lower the ditches...get it now ?

BTW...this is all basic stuff for those of us that went through 'route location and design' courses on the way to civil engineering degrees...!

/ Desperately need to fix driveway #55  

You misunderstood what I posted....you should have just read it very slowly until you understood...!

The point was that several replies indicated that the road bed needed to be built up higher than the surrounding grades...I merely pointed out that you don't need to raise the road just lower the ditches...get it now ?

BTW...this is all basic stuff for those of us that went through 'route location and design' courses on the way to civil engineering degrees...!
I actually still do remember those basic premises from my CE highway design courses of 60 years ago.

/ Desperately need to fix driveway #56  

Ditches need to go down hill...but the road needs to drain latterly to get into the ditch. Which means the road needs to be higher than any ditch.

Now your a civil engineer too. I thought you were a world renown AI guy. You're an expert in everything I see...

/ Desperately need to fix driveway #57  
Ditches need to go down hill...but the road needs to drain latterly to get into the ditch. Which means the road needs to be higher than any ditch.

Now your a civil engineer too. I thought you were a world renown AI guy. You're an expert in everything I see...

LoL...ditches are not the surrounding terrain...duh...! like I said if the road was higher there would be no need for ditches (in many cases)...

You build the road then cut the ditches...you don't dig the ditches and then build the road up higher...LoL...!

I spent 40+ years as a GC...educational background was a plus but never certed as a CE...late in life I went back and studied computer science (UNIX system admin)....what I've learned about AI has mostly been from reading and listening to lectures

/ Desperately need to fix driveway #58  
Well we could argue with each other until this thread is 10+ pages long, but Graziaka (OP) is awol, so....

I'll just say here, for the record, that I am personally the single most knowledgeable gravel driveway expert on this entire forum. :p

But I like my ditches to be about 2 to 3 feet higher than the road bed. Takes a lot of experience to get them shaped up for inverted water drainage.

/ Desperately need to fix driveway #59  
Well we could argue with each other until this thread is 10+ pages long, but Graziaka (OP) is awol, so....

I'll just say here, for the record, that I am personally the single most knowledgeable gravel driveway expert on this entire forum. :p

But I like my ditches to be about 2 to 3 feet higher than the road bed. Takes a lot of experience to get them shaped up for inverted water drainage.
I must have missed that lecture in my long ago CE class days!😬

/ Desperately need to fix driveway #60  
This style of of grader or drag has proven itself many times over.
A simpler version can be pulled with chains attached from the 2 front corners.
The angled blades slice bumps and move the material laterally so as to fill in dips.
Blade lengths are adjusted so that material from the front blade is caught by the next one with the rear blade acting like a finish blade.
1623183372856.png

We maintained a much travelled 4 mile country for many years using an old Jeep as our tow vehicle.
Since we'd often snag our drag on rocks and feared pulling the Jeep bumper off we looped the chains thru a 12 inch trailer tires and they acted as efficient shock absorbers.
3 or 4 inch channel or angle is all U need (and a good welder).