Nuclear fallout information

/ Nuclear fallout information
If several bouts of mobilizations (he's gonna have more) won't provide him a victory, more likely is him using tactical nukes. It's just a question where he would chuck them. Naturally, apparent choice is into Ukraine, but actually I think he'd be gunning for a sparingly populated yet tactically relevant area in Poland and/or the Baltics. A show of force, like hey look what I'm willing to do...then he's hoping for a harried peace deal in the UN in lieu of nuclear escalation.
Everyone I talk to says the military will refuse the order of a crazy man.

However, the military is completely cut off from communication, and are brainwashed. Even the average russian citizen is in favor of dropping nukes on ukraine. Several of putin's advisors and heads of state are calling for nukes or for putin to step down(and probably get a bullet). And he hasn't at this point. So that tells me that a) putin doesn't want to and b) if putin is replaced, it probably won't take long for someone to push the button.

/ Nuclear fallout information #92  
Everyone I talk to says the military will refuse the order of a crazy man.

However, the military is completely cut off from communication, and are brainwashed. Even the average russian citizen is in favor of dropping nukes on ukraine. Several of putin's advisors and heads of state are calling for nukes or for putin to step down(and probably get a bullet). And he hasn't at this point. So that tells me that a) putin doesn't want to and b) if putin is replaced, it probably won't take long for someone to push the button.
He's crazy like a fox, maybe. Yeh man, I think you're on point with that assessment. Although let me just say that there's a difference between being brainwashed, compared to being willing to turn your brain off and just accept the rhetoric.

As far as Russia goes, there are definite parallels to the SU....it's not the same thing, but there's some rhyme there. After it fell, they had a brief period of "freedom" so to speak under Yeltsin, but honestly they didn't know what to do with it, and most of it is remembered there as a total clusterfugg. For real they crave an authoritarian regime, although obviously prefer it to be a benevolent one which grants them 1st world luxuries. Hence, the populace will go where the regime tells them to go, mentally or otherwise. Some grumbling here and there, but that's inconsequential.

BUT, all that only so long as he keeps showing strength and resolve. So yeh, now that Putin committed, if he doesn't deliver by whatever means, his underlings will put him to pasture (one way or another), and some new guy will step in. Next guy might not be any "nicer".

/ Nuclear fallout information #93  
A nut job with a terminal disease might do it for spite.
Well there might be several in this world!!!
just saw this movie for the second time, some scary ****!!! ☮️✌🏻

/ Nuclear fallout information #94  
I live near the Grayling base. That little dot (on the map showing 2000 targets) in northern MI. No way I am preparing to survive a nuclear event. Just too many $$$ to invest with little chance of surviving for long anyway.

I have supplies to last 6-9 months for most other SHTF scenarios but not years like some people are planning to. At 72, when my time comes it comes.

At 55 when my time comes it comes. The last money I would spend is on surviving this kind of nuclear attack. I probably wouldn't want to. I have a great alternative to this earth. This world won't be worth living in in 10 years the way we are headed. The irony is, those concerned with environment and global climate change will make the
US such a horrible country to live in, you won't want to. We are on our way there now.

You might survive the nuclear attack, but what is coming after that. Our military is being reduced and weakend, who is defending the country if the bases are gone?

I'm going to work on living my best years, trusting God and when He says it is time, I'm good with that. I do prepare for things I do want to survive, blizzards, poor supply chain, and the purposefully destructive decision making coming out of Washington.

/ Nuclear fallout information #95  
See post #2 in this thread. ;)

I was born in 1961 and never had to do those drills.

I do remember air raid sirens. They tested them every Thursday. The Russians are coming!

Today, all of those air raid sirens are now tornado sirens.

And, unfortunately, they don't sound nearly as nice.

Did you go to school out in the sticks like I did. Graduation was class of only 75 kids. Times were different without a cellphone. We had to socialize amongst ourselves more so it was less crazy than today. I can remember having first Texas Instruments calculator to use in algebra and physics classes in school. I shared it with my classmates taught them how to use it. We all thought it was cool to use at the time, shorten homework time in half. Typical calculator used 9v batteries and was size of brick when in its protective case. Now any calculator capable of equations is totally inexpensive and small. Our teacher did not even own calculator at the time they shared one amongst math classes. The school purchased one to understand its value in the classroom.

/ Nuclear fallout information #96  
Putin's warning is coupled with the drive to hold referendums in the "independent" regions that Russia currently occupies. Once those referendums pass (which they will), those regions become part of Russia (supposedly) so attacking those regions becomes an attack on Russia itself, instead of self-defense by Ukraine, and Russia's threat that they will protect their territory with nukes comes into play; the real idea here is that it's supposed to keep us from arming Ukraine further at that point and would make us tell them not to hit "Russian territory".

Of course, nobody (including Russia) will believe that those referendums were conducted fairly or legitimately (it's tough enough to have a referendum on sovereignty years into an armistice, let alone during an active war). I guess we're going to see soon whether or not it's just a bluff. I wouldn't be surprised to see some battlefield tactical nukes in the 1kt range.

I can say, if Ukraine survives this war, they're not going to stay in the no-nukes coalition, and I for one wouldn't blame them a bit.

/ Nuclear fallout information #97  
At 55 when my time comes it comes. The last money I would spend is on surviving this kind of nuclear attack. I probably wouldn't want to. I have a great alternative to this earth. This world won't be worth living in in 10 years the way we are headed. The irony is, those concerned with environment and global climate change will make the
US such a horrible country to live in, you won't want to. We are on our way there now.

You might survive the nuclear attack, but what is coming after that. Our military is being reduced and weakend, who is defending the country if the bases are gone?

I'm going to work on living my best years, trusting God and when He says it is time, I'm good with that. I do prepare for things I do want to survive, blizzards, poor supply chain, and the purposefully destructive decision making coming out of Washington.

Gander, I think thats a very sensible outlook on the situation.

/ Nuclear fallout information #98  
Who orders white milk when chocolate is an option? Especially a grade schooler. Our cartons had peaks as well, and opening it was always a challenge. If the cardboard separated you basically had to destroy it to open it.
Never liked chocolate milk in cartons, they added something to thicken it. Felt like I was drinking 30 weight!

/ Nuclear fallout information #99  
Did you go to school out in the sticks like I did. Graduation was class of only 75 kids. Times were different without a cellphone. We had to socialize amongst ourselves more so it was less crazy than today. I can remember having first Texas Instruments calculator to use in algebra and physics classes in school. I shared it with my classmates taught them how to use it. We all thought it was cool to use at the time, shorten homework time in half. Typical calculator used 9v batteries and was size of brick when in its protective case. Now any calculator capable of equations is totally inexpensive and small. Our teacher did not even own calculator at the time they shared one amongst math classes. The school purchased one to understand its value in the classroom.
Don't even need a dedicated calculator now, hundreds available for download to your phone now. If you have a computer with excel spread sheet you can do all sorts of complex math stuff.

/ Nuclear fallout information #100  
Putin's warning is coupled with the drive to hold referendums in the "independent" regions that Russia currently occupies. Once those referendums pass (which they will), those regions become part of Russia (supposedly) so attacking those regions becomes an attack on Russia itself, instead of self-defense by Ukraine, and Russia's threat that they will protect their territory with nukes comes into play; the real idea here is that it's supposed to keep us from arming Ukraine further at that point and would make us tell them not to hit "Russian territory".

Of course, nobody (including Russia) will believe that those referendums were conducted fairly or legitimately (it's tough enough to have a referendum on sovereignty years into an armistice, let alone during an active war). I guess we're going to see soon whether or not it's just a bluff. I wouldn't be surprised to see some battlefield tactical nukes in the 1kt range.

I can say, if Ukraine survives this war, they're not going to stay in the no-nukes coalition, and I for one wouldn't blame them a bit.
It only takes one nuke to start this to next level you have assessed. I am not seeing anyone willing to go to negotiation table currently.

Putin is hardline KGB man trained in art of deception and confusion. To him it’s principle of putting the USSR back together. We all know that time has passed but he is running on vision of the past. Unfortunately He is not afraid of raising the stakes. He needs to hold fast until winter arrives. He is betting the cost of fuel in Europe will soften up the west along with uncontrolled inflation eating at all of us.

We in west better not blink and hold vision it’s going to toughest winter for all of us globally with exception of China, India and Iran. They are working towards pulling down the dollar in exchange for the yuan as global currency through oil trades with Russia.

This can only get worse not seeing any exit plan on either side to end confrontation. It the dollar can be pulled down it will take the sting out of sanctions the West can levy. There is more than Ukraine in crosshairs on the global stage. Confusing how we got here. Less than 24 months ago none of this was contemplated what was the true catalyst or root cause for where we are today.